12.08.2010

Oh Christmas Tree ~ Oh Christmas Tree!

Our apartment is all decked out for Christmas (to the best of its ability). And I don't mean to brag but can I just say that I love our Christmas tree? It makes it so much cozier in our home and don't get me started on how much I love staring at the lights. I could stare forever!


Sidenote: Notice Max has taken his spot under the tree. He thinks the bulbs are his toys and he is constantly chewing at the branches. Drives me CRAZY :) He is becoming good friends with the spray bottle once again.


The most exciting thing to me though is getting ornaments throughout the years that Carter has made or ornaments that we acquire that are sentimental to us- we have an "engaged" one, an "our first christmas" one that the lovely Christy bought us as a gift, or my "nurse" one. We just put up the first one that Carter made. It just means so much to me. I love our tree because it will be special and full of memories.


This is Carter's tree that Mema got him last year. As you can see he likes to decorate one side only. He is very proud :) 


And last but not least...the nativity. We received this as a wedding gift and I absolutely LOVE my Willow Tree Nativity. It is my favorite thing (second to my beautiful tree of course). I am excited to share the story of Christmas with Carter again this year because he is able to understand it more now, it is so wonderful to watch him learn about Jesus...just another reason why I love Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same nativity! Isn't it wonderful!
    Thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful Christmasy home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love your blog background! I just went to that website, and got my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nativity was one of my favorite wedding gifts. Such a great idea! Thank you Megan :) And that site has the cutest backgrounds, I love them!

    ReplyDelete