12.01.2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Why, Hello Everyone!

Yes...we are still alive and well here in Clarkston! I almost forgot I had a blog until I read my sister-in-law Lindsay's post. So she has inspired a new post! So much has happened since the last time I blogged.
For example:
1. I am a married woman
2. I moved to a new city
3. I have a new home, with a new roommate 
4. I am not in nursing school
5. I am involved in a ministry I am absolutely passionate about-reaching the youth of our generation
6. I am an actual RN (a "real nurse" as Jordan would say)
7. I have a job in the IICU which I am loving so far
8. The holidays are happening, now with my new family

Wow! That seems like quite a lot to blog about, don't you think?

So I am obviously not going to blog about all the happenings in the Starks family. But wanted to let you all know that God has blessed us over and abundantly and we miss all of you reading very much.

It's also December 1st. Which means, it's pretty much my favorite time of year...minus the cold, the snow, and the busy malls. So basically, I only like the holiday-Christmas!!! I am so excited to be sharing this time of year with my husband and son. It's our first "Starks" Christmas together and I cannot wait. I am already thinking of the traditions I would like to begin in our family and the things I would like to continue from other generations. We now have our very first Christmas tree, it is all up and decorated and it looks wonderful if I do say so myself! The rest of the apartment is a bit lacking in the Christmas decoration department but it just makes it more special to build up the collection over the years to come. 

Thanksgiving and Christmas are so special, the time with family is just priceless. We were able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with both sides of the family last week. This year is full of adjustments in the holiday department. It's tough as a newlywed making time for both families. Who would have thought, right? I also have the luxury of working the holidays from now on, which will take some getting used to. And of course, the hardest adjustment, is having to spend the holiday without the people we love. 

Thanksgiving and Christmas were my Grandma's absolute favorite holidays. I don't think there was another time of year where she was happier. She loved to cook and have family together, hence the love for Thanksgiving. She also was the world's best shopper-she loved to shop, mostly for others. She was the most giving person I've ever known, so Christmas time was a lot of fun for her. She LOVED giving people gifts. Her house was decorated beautifully with a tree in literally almost every room. That is a lot of trees...that were perfectly decorated. Just gorgeous. If you weren't feeling "christmasy" before going to her house you couldn't really help it when you were there. And I definitely didn't forget all of the Christmas cookies and treats that were always on the kitchen counter at this time of year. Peanut Butter Blossoms, anyone? Yum. Oh how Christmas won't be the same this year, but hopefully I can make Christmas as special for Jordan & Carter as she always did for me. 

So those are the happenings in our life at the moment. Happy December everyone!


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again! It's wonderful how God has blessed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan! He really has. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jess!! You know, i always think of your grandma at christmas time. And i tell brian EVERY year about how many christmas trees she had. You are right. she was the most giving individual ever. I had never met anyone quite like her. You follow in her footsteps. She raised you up well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a hard time of year to not have her around. And she did a pretty good job- even if I screw up sometimes ;) Miss her! And you! And sleepovers at her house with you!!!

    ReplyDelete